Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Are you happy?

Are you happy? I know I am

How do you know you are happy or not?

Do you feel good about yourself? Are you cool being in your own skin? Or do you hate yourself, always comparing yourself to other people, admiring their strengths and blaming your weaknesses. To me happiness starts with being proud of yourself, no matter your weaknesses, because the worst thing you can do to yourself is to let you, yourself lose your self-confidence, and even-worse your dignity. Admitting you're wrong at something, or being humble is not the same thing as losing your dignity, ok?In fact, it helps, what can't kill you, makes you stronger.

You mus learn to appreciate your-self. The good, the bad. During the good times and especially during the bad times. Don't forget to remind yourself, you are special in your own way. Good friends are sure to help you do so when you're in a slump.



I have another definition of happiness, but i think it applies to some, not all. To me, I think happiness is the feeling of growth, accomplishment or success. Not financial or career success but more of a success as a human being. Being more experiences, mature and knowledgeable. If i were to stuck working at an office for years doing paper work, i would feel really sad and loser-like, because i have not 'grown'. Other people, might not see this as happiness but at least this is consistent to my first point, appreciating yourself. Because this is how I can appreciate myself.



Read this article by khailee. I think why the research shows that watching TV makes you unhappy, is because you are using too much time doing something unproductive. You are not achieving. I watch TV also, but i think too much TV robs you of your potential, robs you of the time for you to do something that makes you feel good about yourself.



At the end of the day, only you yourself determine how happy you are, and that depends on how good you see yourself.So are you happy by my definition?

Be.You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin